Here are some steps you can take when shaving your face before work:
- Prepare your skin: Before shaving, wash your face with a mild cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or bacteria. If you have time, you can also rinse your face with warm water to help soften the hair and open up the pores.
- Use a good shaving cream or gel: Apply a shaving cream or gel to your face to help lubricate the skin and reduce irritation.
- Shave with a sharp blade: Use a sharp razor blade to ensure a clean and smooth shave. Dull blades can pull on the hair and cause irritation.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth: Start shaving in the direction of your hair growth, as this can help to reduce irritation and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Take your time: Don't rush the process. Take your time to ensure that you get a close, smooth shave.
- Rinse and moisturize: After shaving, rinse your face with cold water to help close the pores and reduce redness. Then, apply a moisturizer to help soothe the skin and hydrate it.
It is also worth noting that some people prefer to do a pre-shave oil/balm as a step 1, as it helps add an extra layer of lubrication which could help on reducing irritation, but this is optional.